Thursday 19 May 2011

Oh The Excitement

Things are hotting up, as we get closer to actually doing instead of just talking about it...

I've realised I need more curatorial experience and knowledge (luckily Andrew has plenty that I can learn from with all his international exhibitions experience!) But I have also booked to go to a symposium run by re:place, curating the rural. Should be interesting, with several artists speaking and an opportunity to connect with the people who run it. I will take the opportunity to gather as much information as possible.

It seems that everyone we talk to loves our idea and has lots of advice on ways to proceed, which could become overwhelming if we're not careful, especially as Andrew and I both have our own arts practices, and our doing this aswell. Ideally, next year< I would like more people to be involved in the organising and have more say in what happens, then it becomes more of a collaboration and artists community event. As we are using this as an opportunity to connect with other artists and build our own community

No comments:

Post a Comment