Sunday 8 May 2011

More meetings, emails and conversations.

Another food festival meeting tomorrow, I still get nervous before these, despite any work I may have done. This morning will be a sit down and email all the artists, a job we should've done a week ago. But life, as usual, has been running away with me.

After talking to one of the artists who has agreed to take part, she was stated she was pleased to be having an opportunity to make some work for herself, not just her community work. Although our art is the core of us, we are all too quick to neglect the actual making in favour of the things that demand our time. It so important to not loose sight of why we became artists. For me that is the need to express myself through the physical act of making something.

No comments:

Post a Comment